The Chambers of Andrew Mitchell QC is a new specialist set of forward-looking barristers, formed to supply highly-skilled specialist expertise, advocacy and advice in all areas of suspected commercial wrongdoing, including civil fraud, asset recovery and financial crime. We aim to provide the expert legal services necessary for elegant and simple solutions to our professional and lay clients’ legal problems.
We place significant emphasis on our client care and procedures, which are designed to secure a high-quality and efficient service for our clients at all times. Most of our professional clients are required by their own corporate policies and Legal Aid franchises to comply with quality standards, and through our quality assurance policy we will:
- open our Chambers and switchboard between 8.30am and 6.30pm;
- train our staff to provide a courteous, friendly and professional service;
- confirm receipt of instructions and briefs, and the basis upon which fees will be charged, in writing;
- assess all briefs and instructions on receipt to ensure the suitability and availability of the proposed barrister and his/her ability to meet the client’s deadlines, and recommend alternative counsel if necessary;
- respond swiftly to telephone messages and general correspondence to the clerks;
- confirm advance diary bookings for court appearances and conferences, notifying any problems regarding counsel's availability for court or conferences either when the booking is made or as soon as difficulties are foreseen;
- complete and return paperwork by our barristers within 14 days, unless a different agreement or urgent deadline has been negotiated between the solicitor and clerk;
- provide fee notes which are accurate and impart all necessary information to draft bills and taxations.
The quality of our service is monitored and reviewed regularly by Members of Chambers at our meetings and all Members comply with the Bar Council’s Code of Conduct.
We welcome feedback and comments on the service that we offer, which should be made to the Practice Director (Martin Adams) in writing, by telephone or via e-mail: Martin Adams, Practice Director, The Chambers of Andrew Mitchell QC, 33 Chancery Lane, WC1A 3EN, DX 33 Chancery Lane, 020 7440 9950, or email.
A copy of our Chambers Complaints Policy can be found on this website and a hard copy will be provided by our Clerks’ Room on request. If you have any cause for complaint, in the first instance please contact our Practice Director in writing, by telephone or via e-mail on the details above.
The Head of Chambers has overall responsibility for our complaints procedure and if necessary, the complaint will be referred to him and dealt with in accordance with our Complaints Policy.