On the 6th of November 2010, the Bar celebrates 25 years of the Bar Conference and invites barristers, the wider legal community and all those with an interest in the profession to sign-up for this year’s event.
The 25th Bar Conference, which adopts the theme “Raising the Bar: Core Values v. Opportunities”, provides a forum for debate and education as the profession looks ahead to the potentially radical changes facing the Bar and the legal profession as a whole. This is a chance to examine what challenges and opportunities lie in store both at home and abroad, over a wide range of practice areas, through a mixture of topical plenary debates and workshops.
Key participants include:
- The Rt Hon The Lord Neuberger of Abbotsbury, Master of the Rolls
- The Rt Hon Dominic Grieve QC MP, Attorney General for England and Wales; and Northern Ireland
- Lieutenant Colonel Yvonne Bradley, US Air Force Defence Attorney
- Edward Fitzgerald CBE QC, Legal Aid Lawyer of the Year 2009
- Danny Shaw, BBC Home Affairs Correspondent
The Conference will be held at the Hilton London Metropole, 225 Edgware Road, London W2 1JU and is worth up to 7.5 CPD hours