Mark Rainsford QC will speak at the C5 Fraud, Asset Tracing and Recovery Conference in Miami on 22-23 October 2012.
Mark and Andrew Lourie, Partner at Kobre & Kim LLP (USA), will offer their expert assistance on "Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty Requests- Spotting the Opportunity from Both a U.S. and U.K. Perspective to Enhance Your Chance of Success" Tim Prudhoe, Barrister & Partner, Kobre & Kim LLP (UK) will moderate.
Content will include:
• How civil litigators can cooperate with law enforcement in order to deploy mutual legal assistance as a commercial tool on behalf of their clients
• What type of inbound requests may be recognized as the basis for Restraint Orders
• How restrained assets/funds can, in some cases, relate to prospective civil claims in overseas courts
• How properly managed (and appropriate) assistance to the government authority can help avoid the type of pitfalls experienced in Stanford and other cases
• Understanding the opportunity for the reliance on mutual legal assistance as a strategic tool whilst wealth continues to migrate to the U.K. and the U.S.
C5's invitation to speak follows the fact that Mark has been nominated by his peers as one of the world's foremost business lawyers in International WhosWho Legal 2012" see here: